Wednesday, July 6, 2011

and I have finished

At St Jean Pied de Port now.. very odd feeling as everyone else that I have been walking with for the last weeks is going on tomorrow to climb over the Pyranees while I do battle with French trains again and then try to meet my German friend from my first camino; Beate in Paris. I am staying at L'Esprit du Chemin which so far I am very impressed by... full of all kind of thoughtful touches... even a peppermint on my pillow and some shelter for my clothes in the shower! I am tired and sore and generally happy to not be walking tomorrow.. people tell me that your body settles down after a couple of months of walking but I am not sure if I will ever find this out..It has been a wonderful experience but I am ready to come home.

6 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. Bon chemin. Rest and enjoy the moment. Enjoy your time in Paris and spending some time with Beate. I am looking forward to having you home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's now 2 countries you've walked across!

    Have a good flight back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you have made it to SJPP safely. Safe travels to Paris and home. Look forward to hearing all about it! Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Kay, have really enjoyed your progress. Look forward to seeing you in Thames some time soon!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Done!

    Love
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. 15 July 2012. My wife and I will walk the camino from Le Puy to St Jean in Sept/Oct this year. I have only just discovered your blog. Will it be possible to ask you a few things by email? If you are willing please email me at wpm@isales.co.za. (I am in South Africa.) Thanks. Willem

    ReplyDelete