Monday, May 30, 2011

Mysteries

I am having problems sleeping but still have a few hours before. I set out on my first leg so will have a last go with the free wifi to document a few things that puzzle me:
*toilets..here in the Seminaire they are all set at waist height..my feet dangle in the air
*french women..so thin but you wouldn't believe how much cheese they can eat after dinner
*why is it that so often the only thing that people know about NZ is something I don't know?..conversation at dinner last night with lots of miming about rugby balls..all about Tony Marsh..I had to later check Wikipedia to find out who he was
*Push button showers...how could I have forgotten how awful they are?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm never encountered those kind of toilets....are you sure they were toilets???!! The French women don't eat in between meals though- I think that is a large part of the secret. And it used to be Jonah Lomu they all talked about + 'Once were Warriors'. At least they admire the All Blacks- unlike the English... and I don't have any idea who Tony Marsh is either!
    Greetings from the Antipodes- will be thinking of you as you walk...

    ReplyDelete