Thursday, June 2, 2011

Saugues

Greetings.  This is the nearest and dearest passing on news.  A text from Kay to say she is at Sauges.  We were expecting her to be walking in a heatwave (30 deg plus) and she designed a special umbrella attachment to protect her from the heat of the midday sun.  (Thanks David S for your technological contribution.)   Currently she says its anything but hot - bad weather it seems - cold ( the beginning of June !!).  Not sure if the said umbrella is much use because I think she said it is windy as well.  Very crowded too because there are Ascension Day celebrations.  However, she is well and happy to be there (most of the time).  We both miss each other heaps.

I can assure you I am keeping well but it is strange to be alone in the house and at the beach last weekend.  The place is reasonably tidy and the dishwasher is humming away as I type.  I haven't felt the need to resort to Take Away anything (apart from the hamburger I had on the motorway south at McDonalds after I dropped my beloved at the airport).   A few food items we wouldn't normally have (like ice cream) but the meals have been reasonably healthy.
Cheers  Graham

1 comment:

  1. She's at quite a high altitude for the next few days. It might heat up again when she descends again. Thanks Graham for letting us know where she is up to!

    ReplyDelete