Sunday, June 12, 2011

8 June Espalion

Espalion and then heading for Golinac.  It was a long 27km day with lots of hills.   Wifi is an urban legend here - lots of promise but little delivered.  I am improving my French and the scenery is beautiful.


10 June
I am at the medieval abbey in Conquez.  It is amazing.  I feel like I have stepped back in time.  Everything is going quite well but it rains quite a lot.  On my way to Livinhaut tonight.

12 June   I (Graham) rang and talked to Kay just now.  'It is beautiful day today - the first sunny one we have had.'  She was talking to a companion (unknown) and missed a turning but they are back on track as of 9pm (NZ).  She also missed a couple of my phone calls - must have been a great conversation!

(These entries are typed in by Graham from texts and phone calls received.  A comment she made was that there were not a lot of people doing the walk.  But she is enjoying it and she does value any contact.   As for me - I am well but missing her a lot. G)

1 comment:

  1. Yes I know I found internet access was pretty infrequent on the Le Puy route. So many beautiful villages and towns in this area- Espalion, Golinhac, Conques.... You can understand why I rave to everyone about Conques! Go well Kay. Looking forward to hearing more about it late-July! Margaret

    ReplyDelete